Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Last Supper(s)

The countdown is on... Two weeks from today, Marianna Rose Schumacher will enter the world. Time has gone so quickly the past two or three months. While I feel confident we have finished all of our little projects and that we are ready for her arrival, I am having last minute urges to plan one last night out pre-baby. We spent a long weekend in New York in January as a last fling (more to come on that) but the gourmet in me knows it may be a while before we head out to a nicer date night. So I have planned a few meals to hold me over. So where am I heading?
  • Woodfire Grill- We will be celebrating Mothers Day and my father's birthday here next weekend. They are planning a special pre-fix menu but also offering the a la carte options. I have found that the food here is consistently amazing. I also like that you can have a casual blue jean dinner with friends or get all dressed up for an anniversary or special occasion. The menu seems to match this offering a decadent chef's tasting with wine parings (highly recommended) as well as a reasonable and diverse a la carte menu and wine list.
  • Restaurant Eugene- I celebrated my birthday here in August and knew I wanted to come back often. We will be dining here for our last couples "date night" pre-baby. They epitomise what I think is the new model of fine dining, a lovely setting, impeccable service, creative food and a laid back atmosphere. I have been impressed each time I have visited and am looking forward to spending my last supper here!

No comments: