Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Orleans Finale

My last day in New Orleans I think I saved the best for last. We started off our morning with a leisurely stroll through the French Quarter to Cafe du Monde. Jackson Square was just waking up and you could smell the beingets! We snagged a table and helped ourselves to some fried goodness and strong coffee. Yes its touristy but its also fun and delicious. 


For dinner we saved our appetites for Cochon. It was a meal full of southern goodness and fresh takes on classic dishes. This restaurant continues to be on top lists for this city. While it was crowded and trendy, the food was well worth the wait. We started with the house made charcutterie but for the main course stretched a little outside our normal fare and tried a whole pork shank served over boiled peanuts and an amazing melt in your mouth dish of rabbit and dumplings.

 
 

I will certainly save time and room for Cochon next time I am in NOLA.


No comments: